ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM road springs

Someone I deal with is looking to have a batch of front and rear springs made, does anyone have any drawings available and other technical information? We need to know the total length, deflection, diameter of the material etc.

The same source is also looking to have a batch of bonnet rubber buffers made, again if anyone has a drawing or a decent sample as a pattern that would be useful.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Re: RM road springs

Hello Roy
Did you have any joy with these details regarding road strings? I've got a spring maker who can produce new front road springs using a set of original springs as a template. Apparently the height of the springs only fades by up to a 1/3 of an inch over a springs life time and failures are only due to fractures or splitting. The natural tension of the 36mm material used accounts for the springs deflection factor.

I'm looking to get my order submitted ASAP, if there is anyone out there in the market for front springs only, please let me know ASAP as I need to submitted my order tomorrow.

Kind regards
Barry

My bus number (if any): 2649, 2697

No, there was no information forthcoming. I've got a rear spring in stock though.

I have had a few enquires lately for Front springs.
Do you know what the price of these new springs would be?
and the delivery date?
I have someone that would take 6.

I know Ward Jones get them made, and also sells them, but he is a bit expensive.

Cheers
Rob

My bus number (if any): Rm2059

Anything you get made for RMs these days tends to be expensive. Wanna buy any half-shafts? Fuel pumps?