ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RMs on rail replacement

Despite their age, RMs are again being used on rail replacement duties in London. Last weekend saw 3 and an Rt being used on the service provided by Abellio replacing the district Line between Tower Hill and Barking (sorry I didn't get any numbers.

This weekend saw at least 3 RMs on the Piccadilly Line replacement between Acton Town and Rayners Lane provided by Sullivan Buses. Buses noted on Friday were RM1347, RML2323, RML 2687 (I think, I wrote the numbers on my hand and have washed since then) on Friday 25th November, and a couple on Saturday 26th November. I understand there's likely to be some RM operation on the same service if the emergency continues on Monday.

It's not so much a shortage of buses as Sullivans have plenty, it's a case of having buses and crews available. It would appear London is stretched to the limit on weekdays with school bus commitments and staff working flat out.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Re: RMs on rail replacement

its red routemaster providing the rms on this service

New Routemaster seen at Cheshunt Station last Sunday on Rail Replacement Service, operated by Abellio. It struggled to get round one particular tight corner on its way to the station, but all the same, a rare sight outside of Central London!!!

My bus number (if any): Conductor RM 2213, 471, 238, and GS17

Dave Smith
New Routemaster seen at Cheshunt Station last Sunday on Rail Replacement Service, operated by Abellio. It struggled to get round one particular tight corner on its way to the station, but all the same, a rare sight outside of Central London!!!

You of course meant NBFL (New Bus for London) or LT class, they are not Routemasters by any stretch of the imagination!

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs

I can confirm that we are supplying two vehicles per day M to F on the Piccadilly Line replacement between Acton Town and Rayners Lane.

Our whole fleet has been out on this
RMA58
RML2323
RML2366
RML2682
RML2683

RM1357 is on loan from London Bus 4 Hire which has also been in-service on this.

Regards

Adam

My bus number (if any): RMA58 RML2323 RML2366 RML2682 RML2683

2582 and 2583 noted out there yesterday evening until about 2230! Don't miss your chance to ride on them, you have until the 13th December.

I was "lucky" enough to have a go at one of the "new" enviro buses, nice to drive but more rattles than Mothercare. Why can't they make modern buses that don't rattle? RMs don't, my GS doesn't, nor do Bedford OBs.

IIRC 2366 could shift it felt like it when at BN.

Just wondering how do the new regs affect vehicles on rail replacement services , assuming they will need to be dda compliant from Jan 1st or is rail replacement not covered by the regs ?

Rail replacements are not registered services nor can they claim BSOG any more. Theyw ould also come under the "irregular services operating less than 20 days a year.