ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routemaster Fibreglass panels - At Risk?

I've had the following post on Facebook pointed out to me by a friend.

***I have tried to verify this independently but not had any luck, they are still offering RM panels on their website.***

Apparently N&M are looking to get rid of their routemaster moulds (among others) if someone doesn't buy them soon they will be scrapped, according to the post.

Please see the link for the full post and contact details.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/631049550319917?view=permalink&id=1247863381971861

Although I was trained to produce fibreglass from moulds some years ago now, I don't have the capital or storage for them personally or I would save them.

Hopefully someone here can save them or knows someone who can!

It does seem crazy to me that if they are going to scrap them why won't they give them away?????

My bus number (if any): RMF2771

Re: Routemaster Fibreglass panels

it appears only those who are members of the preserved bus group on Facebook can see the link, so I have uploaded a printscreen below.

Re: Routemaster Fibreglass panels - At Risk?

Thanks for alerting us to this Matt, someone on the RMOOA committee will contact them on Monday.

David

My bus number (if any): RM's 446, 548, 765, 1783

We have a limited amount of storage space for some of the moulds or stock if that's any help.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Contrary to interpretation of the above messages, N&M are not scrapping any Routemaster or titan fitems and only the lessor used metrobus parts are being disposed of. Most parts going are northern counties body parts and other no longer used items. Those items that still sell are being retained.

David Colin

My bus number (if any): MRMLT 4083

Cheers David,

Thats good to hear they are definitly being retained.
As I said in the first post when i tried to verify the claim independently I did find they were still offering the RM Panels on their website.