ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Injector pipe - need to source

Hi.
Unfortunately, during the storage of our bus in a bus depot, some callous, selfish individual decided to take our 3rd injector pipe from our engine resulting in diesel spraying everywhere!
Does anyone know where we can source a replacement urgently?

You can email me at aauden2@hotmail.com

I'm hoping nothing else has been taken but found a lot of nuts and bolts and u bend metal pieces around the bus on the floor and on the bonnet!

Not happy!

Thanks for your help in advance,
Angus.

My bus number (if any): 2409

Re: Injector pipe - need to source

At least half a dozen different alternatives, so since none of us are psychic how about letting us know which engine and injector pump it is supposed to fit? Then someeone might be able to tell you whether you can even get one, or if you need a pattern to have copied. To advise helpfully on where to get it copied one would need to know whether you are in London, Cornwall or the Outer Hebrides as well.

Sorry. I was a bit miffed when I typed the post.
Based in London.
Its a Cummins engine, C Class so I'm told. Injector pipe number three.
Thanks!

AFAIK Cummins still have a Service centre at Thurrock. On the top of the timing case (and very difficult to read) is an aluminium plate with the engine number and the CPL (Control Parts List) number . Quote both of these over the phone and they will be able to order you the part. Alternatively quote the same numbers to a Commercial vehicle main dealer parts dept of a brand which fitted Cummins engines at one time. DAF is the obvious choice.

If a dealer is unwilling to help or you draw a blank, ask for the Cummins 'customer support' telephone number, there is the REMOTEST possibility that Cummins UK records will show an engine number against your registration number from the time the engine was originally fitted. Do make sure that all the pipe clamps are still in place.

A C series engine has only one rocker cover; a B series engine has six.

As always a brand new part is certainly the best choice, the central stores computer needs to show demand otherwise the bins get emptied into a skip.

Angus

Create a free account with Cummins here...

https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html

Then add your engine serial number to your new account and you can search away and order any parts your engine requires.

David

My bus number (if any): RM's 446, 548, 765, 1783

Ever thought about getting one made? Made loads of them myself over the years albeit because the have broken not because they have been stolen,cannot understand that, must be some kind of pathetic, useless kind of fitter that has to steal an injector pipe rather than make one up.

My bus number (if any): RML2551

Thanks gents.
Went and took a picture of the engine serial number today. Not sure exactly which one it is as there are several numbers on two lines but will try and register on the Cummins website.

The engine serial number will be made up of 8 numbers.

My bus number (if any): RM's 446, 548, 765, 1783