ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hydraulic Fittings - Accumulators

I wondered if anyone could help me identify some threads, as i need to get a adapter to make existing pipework on my Routemaster fit a new accumulator and i'm struggling with the non metric types

This fitting has been removed from a Clayton type Accumulator.
The Thread on the left (screws into pipework) i believe is a 5/8 JIC - anyone able to confirm? it measures 5/8inch or 15.9mm across

I have no clue what the other thread is (screws into the old clayton type accumulator) , it measures as shown in the photo 3/4inch - 19mm but can't find a chart to match it to. It looks tapered in the photo but it is not.

i need to make the old pipe work fit a female 3/4bspp on the new accumulator

My bus number (if any): RMF2771

Re: Hydraulic Fittings - Accumulators

Jic fittings are UNF thread form. BSP thread sizes refer to the OD of the pipe. An Hydraulic hose company will identify the fittings for you and supply.

http://www.apexfluid.co.uk/technical/thread-id.php#technical_heading

Hi Matt,
Hopefully you may of got this sorted by now but in the past I have used a company called Pirtex for anything to do with pipework and hoses. They supplied my water,turbo and hydraulic hoses last year when I renewed them all on 2463.

My local branch is in Leyton, the guys in there are very helpful and have got me out of trouble many times with things for the bus. I'm not sure where you are based but there should be a branch near you somewhere.

Regards,
Pete.

My bus number (if any): RML 2463 & RML 2460

Hi Peter,

No i haven't stored this out but purely because i haven't had time to pop to the watford pirtek yet, that's my plan for wednesday on my drive home from work!

i found pirtek were great when it came to making a emergency repair for my hydraulic test point (see my previous post about that)to get my bus back on the road with a series of adaptors to fill the gap.

Cheers

My bus number (if any): RMF2771