ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Was this a first?

Looking through some pictures, I found this one taken at Dalston Junction on 29 Sept 1981.

Can`t remember if I just took it randomly or if I deliberately aimed for it as the first instance of a two line ultimate destination on a Routemaster operated route.

Was this the first such example?

Re: Was this a first?

Not sure about the first Neil, but the 67 route that replaced the 647 in July 1961 had a similar blind NORTHUMBERLAND PARK STN via LANSDOPWNE ROAD, the 97 route also had this blind.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: Was this a first?

Double-Deck Country Buses at Hatfield on Route 324 had KNIGHTSFIELD via Heronswood Rd Ludwick Way or vice-versa depending on the direction of travel on two lines.

My bus number (if any): RM 912