ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parking Spaces Required

Hi All,
I am in the need of finding a parking space for my three vehicles. After twelve years of being at the Walthamstow Pump House Museum, two weeks ago us vehicle owners were given a letter by the museum to leave the site by the end of June.

If anyone knows of any spaces inside or outside I would be grateful if you could let me know or put me in touch with some one that does. I know its a lot to ask to keep all three vehicles together so I am willing to split them up. Any help gratefully received.

Best Regards,
Pete.

My bus number (if any): RML 2463 & RML 2460

Re: Parking Spaces Required

Hi Pete

This is probably way too far from where you are but it`s almost certainly available immediately, secure and undercover. Access is only `office hours` on weekdays which for long term storage may not be a problem but for a rally vehicle possibly will be.

Have a look at Westfields Storage at Dinton west of Salisbury. Several buses have been there over the years.

Hi Neil,
Many thanks for your reply, I have a couple of leads to look into in regards to parking spaces but will certainly bear you suggestion in mind.

Best Regards,
Pete.

As you are at Walthamstow have you tried the Parish family, ask for Mike or James, Great Myles Farm Ongar Road. Kelvedon Hatch Brentwood Essex CM15 0LB. I kept my Merlin there for many years and they were really nice people.

My bus number (if any): RM 912

Hi Chris,
Many thanks for your suggestion, I will look into this. I have a couple of places in mind to visit but will bear this in mind too.

Best Regards,
Pete.