ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
£112,000 to return an RM to original condition, eye-watering STUFF???

Having driven RM875 to the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum, Lathalmond on Monday morning, RML885's owner Mike Mitchell introduced himself to me and we had a very enjoyable chat about his bus. I was telling him about the complete interior restoration to original condition Dave Paskell and the late Roger Potton had carried out on RML883 and asked if he planning to do the same to 885? Mike revealed that he had heard of someone who has so far spent £112,000 to return his RM to original layout and that is why his bus will remain as it was when withdrawn.

I can understand now why Rob Duker wanted £72,000 for RM291 after he had restored the interior to 1960 spec but never thought for a moment it would take a six-figure sum to put everything back as it should be.

My bus number (if any): RMs737, 875 and 1353 (Driver)

Re: £112,000 to return an RM to original condition, eye-watering STUFF???

Probably paid around £18,000 worth of VAT in that.

May I ask what you are talking about Graham?
Rob

My bus number (if any): RM7

Did that price include the restoration consultants fee.... :)
My records don't show a Rob Duker as having owned RM 291 and I just updated them!

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs

Rob having checked RM291 out on Ian's Bus Stop it appears that Mr Laurie has possibly got you confused with another owner with a similar first name ?

My bus number (if any): RML2747