ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TfL Refurbs

I don't know if this is old news but the TfL RM refurb programme has been put on hold after the fourth vehicle

My bus number (if any): RM 912

Re: TfL Refurbs

That's ominous - perhaps they are going to put the funds from the sale of the surplus buses from the 9's (that was supposed to finance it all) towards a Euro 6 re engine upgrade programme instead of body refurbishments in the light of Mr Hendy's successful RM conversion - especially driven the proposed forthcoming ULEZ scheme ? (even though they are technically exempt).

My bus number (if any): RML2747

There was a meeting oop North a few weeks ago about repowering Routemasters with euro VI engines. Which interested parties were present I don't know, apart from my source who informed me that he was atttending the following day.

Roy
There was a meeting oop North a few weeks ago about re-powering Routemasters with Euro VI engines. Which interested parties were present I don't know, apart from my source who informed me that he was attending the following day.

I'm hopeful this will go ahead Roy and that Peter Hendy's RM1005 was the test bed for this, better concentrating in fitting the Heritage fleet with Euro VI engines before resuming the cosmetic defurbishment programme. It would be interesting to know whether Lothian were one of those interested parties present considering doing Euro VI conversions on their fleet of ERMs and RCLs while they are re-roofing them?

My bus number (if any): RMs737, 875 and 1353 (Driver)