ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Six Routemasters for sale?

Is this a genuine ad on Ebay, No 322475440039 ?
Hire firm gone bust?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: Six Routemasters for sale?

The last "lot" that were supposed to be for sale was the lot that allegedly had their half shafts nicked about a year ago.

with the prices some of the London operators are charging it wouldn't surprise me if a few don't go broke. I just quoted for a London job at "mates rates". a London operator quoted £100 less than me, and that was well under £500. I've heard from someone else on here that the established RM operators are being undercut by silly amount, the sort of amounts that won't cover running costs AND maintenance. When I ran 6 RMs back in the early 2000's, we got about £350 a wedding in central London. It seems that prices haven't kept up with inflation since then!

My bus number (if any): RML2532

The seller is a Darren Chapman according to ebay.

Yep Roy, and if you Google "Darren Chapman Routemaster" you get to see the bigger picture, ie www.thebusclub.com - lots of info there

My bus number (if any): RML2302

PS Apparently Darren has been operating for 30 years but is now "walking away" from his operation - see the "About us" section -there is even a video section which seems to identify CUV107C as one of the vehicles

My bus number (if any): RML2302

Brian Jennings
Yep Roy, and if you Google "Darren Chapman Routemaster" you get to see the bigger picture, ie www.thebusclub.com - lots of info there

Certainly is a bigger picture. And a bigger bus than it should be. RM 2107 appears to be an RML ...... !

I particularly like this quote from their website "We take pride in our vehicles and have recently re upholstered our fleet with the traditional strawberry crush moquette material which has been used since the 1950’s." ???

My bus number (if any): RML2747

Look on the Notices and Proceedings bit in the Traffic Commissioners website. Public Inquiry under s17. so I've been told.