ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lothian Routemasters

I was talking to a tacho supplier in Scotland last week and he was asking what happened to the Lothian Routemasters. I saw them mentioned in another thread, any ideas where they all are?

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Re: Lothian Routemasters

When I last asked they were keeping them for private hire and looking to reinstate the roof on some. I am told none are being released from fleet though.

My bus number (if any): RM597/RM1400

roythebus
I was talking to a tacho supplier in Scotland last week and he was asking what happened to the Lothian Routemasters. I saw them mentioned in another thread, any ideas where they all are?

Don't know if it is some or all of them that are being re-roofed Roy but there are roofs taken from scrap RMs in Barnsley that are currently lying in Lothian's Seafield works including the roof of former Kelvin Scottish RM419.

My bus number (if any): RMs737, 875 and 1353 (Driver)

I heard that there is the intention to reroof at least 6 of the RM fleet and all are to be retained. Apparently a new manager at Lothian has brought about a change of heart regarding their withdrawal.

My bus number (if any): RML2551