ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Dustbin lids and semaphore signals

I am closing this thread now because the discussion has reached a natural conclusion with a range of differing views expressed. I thank all the contributors to this thread which started as a fascinating and informative discussion about the wheel trims and direction indicators fitted to early 1950s London buses.

There are risks in buying and selling on an open forum and indeed anywhere on the Internet. Occasionally this can lead to unhappiness and disappointment which is partly why I closed the ROOF Marketplace.

My bus number (if any): R

Re: Dustbin lids and semaphore turning signals

Steve Downing
And now they're sold
Steve

My message was brief as I was in a rush and wanted to be prompt regarding the status of the items.

John, I hope that you understand that one of the reasons that I agreed to sell these to Rob was due to the fact that he needs a pair to complete his project. I know that Rob is a serious preservationist and vintage vehicle restorer and therefore knew that he was not spinning a tale and planning on making a quick buck. Further to that, a Rob has helped me in the past for no personal gain, which added to his cause at a time where I did not even know if you would have wanted them at the price offered.

I personally would settle for being usurped if another preservationist needed an item above my own non-essential desire and have had to cross that bridge already. I hope that you are not too disappointed and that you have some luck in your search.

Steve

My bus number (if any): RT3316

Re: Dustbin lids and semaphore turning signals

Glad that Rob was the vulture and that the semaphores will be actually fitted to a very worthy vehicle and not just kept in a cupboard or sold on ! - I have seen these occasionally turn up in the small ads in the backs of magazines and on EBay - I wouldn't have thought there was much demand for them now especially the larger 24 volt ones I will keep my eye out for a another pair - as you say Rob they were offered openly to anyone not privately.

My bus number (if any): RML2747