ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Front Indicator lens for S London RML

On ROOM Roy said those for the ex South London RMLs were still available, we need one for RML 2608, can Roy or someone tell me who we can get one from please? Thanks

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: Front Indicator lens for S London RML

The more popular one was made by rubbolite. It seems that these are no longer available. The other one which is the one you describe, was I am told made by Hella and is supposed to be still available. Try Dave at Airlek. The number will be on another thread.

I think I got one of the Rubbolite lenses from Airlec a while ago after someone on here asked for one, it's still on the shelf somewhere. Dave said it was the last one his supplier had.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Thanks Roys ! Checking the make, it could be a rubbolite, not sure yet

The one we need is a Rubbolite it has 6432 on the O/S one with an arrow pointing towards the rear of the bus.
Not sure if these are handed, surely you just fit it the other way up on the N/S. Any one got a spare one?

That is this one (sold long ago). The complete lamps are not available either so if you do find one, put a couple of dabs of silicone on it to hold it in place because the rubber will be rotten.

https://picclick.it/Rubbolite-Indicator-Lens-Part-Number-6432-322255566531.html

roy
That is this one (sold long ago). The complete lamps are not available either so if you do find one, put a couple of dabs of silicone on it to hold it in place because the rubber will be rotten.

https://picclick.it/Rubbolite-Indicator-Lens-Part-Number-6432-322255566531.html

Thanks Roy, I saw that and have E mailed the seller to see if they have any more! I wonder if any other lens fits that body.

Got a second hand one if you want it Brian.Email me off forum

My bus number (if any): RML2551

Hello Steve, I don't have an immediate need for it, but having seen this I will reserve it for Brian please.

No problem

My bus number (if any): RML2551

Steve Griffin
Got a second hand one if you want it Brian.Email me off forum

Hi Steve I have E mailed you
Thanks very much for posting!

Day for resurrecting old threads

I need another Rubbolite 6432 lens for the N/S of an RML.
I realise these are now hard to find and failing anyone having a spare for sale I wondered about converting to an LED unit that some suppliers offer, like this one but not sure of fixing or dimension.

http://www.ukautomotive.co.uk/product/rubbolite-model-272-led-direction-indicator

Hi Brian

I have some of the lenses. Email me if you are stuck.

I am stuck for one, which Dave are you?