ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM Front Boat Suspension ( Wishbone Bushes)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to procure both sizes of these bushes.

Thank you very much.

Re: RM Front Boat Suspension ( Wishbone Bushes)

They were a standard DAF part, I've got the part numbers somewhere. Last I got from a company in the west Midlands.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

They are also the same as the bushes in the front suspension of Volvo B7TL's, (PVL's at London Central).

My bus number (if any): RM 912

Firstly a thank you to the two previous posts whose information helped me in locating suppliers, who have stock regarding this item.

The upper (small) wishbone bush has a Pt No 3111274.)
The lower (large)wishbone bush has a Pt No 7030856. ) Both Volvo part No's

Suppliers are:- Davy Engineering. Solihull. West Midlands Bt- 0121 7114060

MC Truck & Bus. Thurrock. Essex. Bt- 01708 868956
MC Truck & Bus Maidstone. Kent. Bt- 01622 710811
MC Truck & Bus Burgess Hill. Bt- 01444 230700

Footnote reminder:- If anyone is considering changing these bushes you will require a setting gauge LT Pt No 352-2746.This is important to ensure that all the bushes have equal displacement.

Davy Engineering is where I got mine from about 10 years ago, they listed them as a DAF part, i've got the numbers somewhere but they haven't turned up yet!

If you need the big UNF nylocs for the long shaft that goes across the top of the wishbones and the long UNF bolts that go down through them I've got a lot of those in stock too if that's any help.

Edite to add that if you don't get the displacement right, you get a "rather lively" ride at the front end. I found that out rather too late.

My bus number (if any): RML2532