ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A few parts wanted; wishful thinking??

Hi everyone

It's been a long time since I last posted on here for RML 2626, 2011 I think!! Time has absolutely flown and after a baby and the nearing completion of a house renovation, it's time to start thinking about finishing what was started!

Can't remember what I posted last re the engine problem that 2626 had but once we had stripped it down it was down to half of the piston rings being cracked. As I said at the time it pulled lovely driving it back up to Shropshire and easily attained 42/43mph, it just smoked horrendously!

The bodywork was pretty straight to be fair so we decided to just replace and spray the damaged panels and leave it in an 'end of service' condition. Even though all the panels (inc wings, bonnet, drivers door, rear platform, off side rear) have been repaired we haven't fitted them yet which will hopefully be happening soon.

There are a few parts that we are still after so if anyone has any of the following or leads/substitutes for them it would be much appreciated.....

- Exterior saloon heater grill with hinged flap above the cab
- Spare wheel (22.5 tubeless rim)
- Black & yellow shark tooth tread that goes up into the lower saloon (30" approx)
- Rear canopy blind winder handle and the ceiling mounting
- Transmatic lighting end caps (and any transmatic spares to be fair)

Like I said, any leads or help would be much appreciated o nthese parts and hopefully we can get 2626 on the road soon and get to some meets!

Many thanks
Karl

My bus number (if any): RML 2626

Re: A few parts wanted; wishful thinking??

Hi Karl,
In regards to your spare wheel enquiry I managed to get one a few years ago from a tyre company I take my RML to from time to time for tyre and air pressure checks and wheel nut checks.

The company is called G & S Tyres and their number is 020 8477 8388, ask for a bloke called Dave, the only problem is they are based in Dagenham which judging by your post isn't near to where you are.

In regards to your other items I may have a spare grill above the drivers cab that you need & I may have some Tranesmetic lighting bits spare as I am taking them out of my other RML to refit the old school bulbs. I will check what I have and get back to you.

Best Regards,
Pete.

My bus number (if any): RML 2463 & RML 2460