ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
High speed diff for RM875

Sam Phipps has asked me to try and source a high speed diff for his AV760-engined RM875. (preferably one from an RMA). If anyone can help, I can pass on Sam's mobile number.

My bus number (if any): RMs737, 875 and 1353 (Driver)

Re: High speed diff for RM875

Not again, another round of I want to go faster coming up. Everyone knows the solution, but no one wants to put their hand in their pocket thinking that one will either just magically appear or they will be gifted what they want. Why can't people just accept that these vehicles are happiest at 35mph? Just allow more time to get there.

There was one advertised for a long time elsewhere a few months ago; it did eventually sell.

Those of us who had to sit next to an AV760 on full chat for hours on end, day after day, wouldn't wish the experience on anyone. It is one of the noisiest engines ever made, up to 40 mph it is tolerable but above that it becomes almost painful.