ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM108

I hear that RM108 is up for sale as part of a probate. I am still searching for a standard length RM, so of course am interested.

Does anyone have any contact information?

My bus number (if any): searching

Re: RM108

This was the very charming late Harry Prew Smith's bus. Is is Harry to whom so many owners owe a debt of gratitude for commissioning the remanufacture of many much sought after items, so his untimely death was a sad loss not just to those who knew him personally.

I carried out the mechanical work necessary on the vehicle about 7 years ago. It subsequently had a very expensive body work restoration at LB&T. The interior was left alone since it was in very good ex service condition. The vehcile is AFAIK still Leyland powered although not with the particular engine it had in 2010. It was subsequently fitted with a freshly overhauled unit from a Midlands engine reconditioner. For some reason this failed and another engine was fitted. The vehicle's spare Leyland engine was for sale a while ago. The bus had automatic in operation. The external adverts are actually signwritten. If it is still in the same condition as when I last saw it at Showbus in 2012 then it should be priced at the very top end of the market for a vehicle with an original make powerplant. It was a very nice drive indeed.

The seller will be contactable via Exclusive Cars of Nottingham.

There is an advert for this RM in the latest Routemaster Association Magazine. It has been offered for sale via Paul Crowland at Pro-Motiv Limited on behalf of the estate.

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Sorry to hear Harry passed away i met him a few times and what a nice man

My bus number (if any): Lt60 rm1562

I have just been made aware of another nice RM bus for sale. Original power, livery style and interior. Is likely to be at upper end of £. I will put in touch with vendor who will be likely to ask purchaser's intentions.

J. Annereau will have 1st refusal.

That is very much appreciated, Roy.

My bus number (if any): Searching