ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rear suspension bump stop

My understanding is that PSV Partsmaster don't have rear suspension bump stops. I hope to be able to give details of a suitable replacement part, with an M12 thread, in the next few days. Thanks to everyone who has contacted me on and off the forum in the last couple of days.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 and 2213, GS17

I bought a pair from there recently, not RM type, but something that fits and will do the job.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

I rang John two days ago, he was unable to help with rebound bump stops. He is looking for one as a pattern to try and source some.(maybe the two Roy's could help him)
In the mean time I have found a Rubber manufacturer locally that can help, I bought a couple of samples in the week, they are fine, just waiting my order to arrive.
Cheers
Rob

My bus number (if any): RM48

As mentioned just a few days ago, not sure if anyone read this? Saves going down the road of getting remade..
When the ones on RML 2463 needed replacing I replaced them with bump stops for a Dennis Dart, I think they are for an Enviro 200 Dart. Does the job fine, just had to modify the mounting plate. The joke is 2463 has a bit more Dart on it to make it even more like a Dartmaster!
I'm sure Peter can confirm further details on this product.

Hi Mark,
In answer to your request in regards to the bump stop, I haven't got a part number as they were supplied to me through a friend in the bus industry, but as they are a Dennis product you would be able to get them from Transbus International.

Regards,
Peter.

My bus number (if any): RML 2463 & RML 2460