ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Exterior advert adhesive

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies, it looks like we might have to go down the road of getting these copied (that im afraid is expensive) bearing in mind these adverts wernt exactly cheap either.

Like you Mark we have used wallpaper paste for the interior adverts i think for now the adverts will stay put in my house until such time as financies allow. There are other things that need to be done so not majorly important. Our next task will probably be seat refurbishment..........

Keith

My bus number (if any): RM66 & RM308

Re: Exterior advert adhesive

Keith Saunders
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies, it looks like we might have to go down the road of getting these copied (that im afraid is expensive) bearing in mind these adverts wernt exactly cheap either.

Like you Mark we have used wallpaper paste for the interior adverts i think for now the adverts will stay put in my house until such time as financies allow. There are other things that need to be done so not majorly important. Our next task will probably be seat refurbishment..........

Keith

I've used Essex Sign and print before to make my large printed stickers for vehicles (not my bus though) and always been good cost effective Service and cheaper then I first thought.

https://www.essexsignandprint.co.uk/print/stickers/

I've mostly used the Low tack ones because they there usually only on the vehicle for not longer then a weekend but they do proper printed vinyl too for longer term.

I've always done the graphics myself which makes it even cheaper but not by much.

For what you want i suspect you will have to send them the posters you have and they will recreate them for you. If you visit the link above click the option you want it will give you a quote for the size you want and with them re doing the artwork!

** update **

I just looked up for quote for one poster at 50x70cm (guessing size of poster) Matt printed vinyl with them doing the artwork it quoted me under £9(not including VAT and shipping)

My bus number (if any): RMF2771