ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mouldings - Good News!

I suspect that this may be something others more knowledgeable than me already know but I've stumbled across another manufacturer of RM fibreglass panels after buying a rear corner panel on the well-known online auction site. I was surprised to find that instead of a Greengates label there was one for N & M Fibreglass. Pursuing this further I find that this is a friendly family firm in Worcestershire who offer a range of panels from grilles to wheelarches ( http://www.nandmfibreglass.co.uk/ ). I spoke to one of the directors, Alistair Nash ( alistairnash@nandmfibreglass.co.uk - 01527 870282 ) who told me that as well as the items on the website they are working on a bonnet for future sale as well as some other parts. They can also offer fibreglass repairs and spray painting. Sounds all very helpful!

My bus number (if any): RML2302

I found that site a couple of weeks ago but forgot to post it on here. I also contacted the administrator of Greengate/Jade/whatever their last trading name was but they never got back to me.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Thanks Roy - it sounds like we've got a useful alternative to Greengate's anyway...

My bus number (if any): RML2302

I've used N&M to replace my Grill, both headlight panels and rear numberplate panel.
I was happy with the panels and their service is pretty good too, i was told the parts are made to order but they turned up 48hrs later.

With them you can also choose gel coat colour (with in reason)

My bus number (if any): RMF2771

A few weeks ago there was a thread on here about a firm who was reportedly getting rod of a lot of glass fibre moulds, does anyone remember who they were as they had RM moulds in stock and we were reassured they weren't disposing of RM moulds.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

It was N &M Roy - I think they were disposing of later vehicle type moulds not RM ones thankfully !

My bus number (if any): RML2747