ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RM roof

Sorry my mistake its actually RM 120 not 110 and it was converted to open top some years ago.It was languishing derelict at Westbourne Park garage for some time,but the new owners are keen to fully restore it and would like to fit a roof back on.It is fairly original otherwise with an AEC engine.I gather that Lowthian buses took all of the remaining roofs from PVS to re-roof their own fleet.. Roy do you have contact details of the German one?
Alternatively a front and rear dome and window pans would be a good start, how many have you Simon?

My bus number (if any): RML2551

Hi Brian the company who own mac tours, I think Lothian buses purchased these
is 110 still in Italy or back in sussex

My bus number (if any): RCL 2238,RM1000 ,RT

Hi steve
at moment I only have a couple with winders

My bus number (if any): RCL 2238,RM1000 ,RT

Lothian did take all the roofs, plus the ones I had, I also sold them 85 window pans, I still have some pans left, I will check maybe enough for an RM, not certain about the front ones.
Cheers
Rob

My bus number (if any): RM14

Thanks for that Simon/ Rob.I believe John from Gardeners who has RM120 has already been in touch with you so I'll mention the window pans. A front and rear dome would also be helpful if there are any around. Many thanks
Steve

I can put you in touch with someone who has a front dome to sell. 07508 820695

My bus number (if any): RM 912

Thanks very much Chris I'll give you a ring

I used to operate RM 120 and RM121 many years ago. I can't remember who it was in Germany who had a spare roof.

My bus number (if any): RML2532