ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bonnet and Illuminated saloon advertising panel

Thanks Rob!

My bus number (if any): RM597, RM1400

Re: Bonnet and Illuminated saloon advertising panel

Paul
I have RT platform destination splines with base plates. Ask Dave if they are the same.
RM bonnets bow because they have been hit from the front and they split by the air vent corner the weakest point and are not repaired properly.
It can also be the wooden bar underneath, (up the cab side) has been broken or has moved or is incorrectly fitted or just the wrong shape. Either way if you have bonnet it can be put right by a fibre glass repairer and the right wooden rail
Bonnets also bow upwards if they have been poorly fitted and are too far forward on the rear hinges, they hit on the front bar locking spring on tjhe front bar and force it upwards. There are loads of adjustments available on the bonnet fixings.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs