ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Heater plumbing Question

We are removing all of the coolant heaters from the interior and I am trying to determine the best method to blank off the lines.

There appears to be coolant lines going towards the transmission (gearbox) and I am pretty sure I should keep those.

Does anyone have a schematic of the heating plumbing or able to sketch it out for me and email it?

Thanks

My bus number (if any): RM2133

Re: Heater plumbing Question

Hi Lorne

There should be a diagram in the Walker's Routemaster manual I believe you mentioned you have one in a previous post.
I don't think there is coolant for the gearbox, unless you don't have a original gearbox?
Photos would help diagnose...

My bus number (if any): RMF2771

I can't remember the details of your RM, but was it fitted with additional heaters along the sides ?

Andrew

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Yes, RM2133 had heaters down both sides of the upper and lower saloons.

On the engine bulkhead, just under the spring hinge on the bonnet is a squarish cover that has what looks like a junction for coolant to go into the lower saloon and another pipe which runs down and under the chassis on the nearside and heads towards the rear. I have not had a chance to crawl under and trace down where it leads but if it does not go to the gearbox then I think it can be deleted.

Got it all sorted. I was confusing an electrical conduit for a plumbing line. Pretty simple once I was able to clear away the snow and crawl under and have a look.

Thanks for the help

Lorne Donald
Got it all sorted. I was confusing an electrical conduit for a plumbing line. Pretty simple once I was able to clear away the snow and crawl under and have a look.

Thanks for the help
ahh good, I took a photo of that junction box yesterday wondering if it that you were thinking of but didn't get a chance to upload the photo yesterday.

My bus number (if any): RMF2771