ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trafficators

Hello everyone,

I've been looking through the forum quite a bit and has been very useful.

Unfortunately yesterday whilst on a test drive after replaceing the rear section of the exhaust with parts from Dinex the O/S trafficators stopped working completely.

The N/S works correctly and also on hazards, but still no O/S.

Has anyone experienced this before and what the likely culprit is as to me it could be the flasher unit?

My bus number (if any): RMC1490

Re: Trafficators

If the O/S `ear` has been knocked slightly out of line it will stop both ends working.
If either the front or rear bulb has blown it will stop the other one from working. Check the rear bulb first simply because it`s easier to get at than the front one.
If neither of these checks bring it back then it`s probably the unit.

Hi Neil,

I did wonder if it was the ear although when I drove the RMC to its new home, the o/s ear wasnt working but the rear bulb was.

A knock to the ear got it working again on that occasion but not today, changed both bulbs and sprayed with wd40 to help clean it.

Hi Robert -I wonder if it could be the problem I had a little while ago, although my refurb RML has the newer indicators. The nearside front indicator stopped working and I traced it back using a long wire from the front to back indicator and the Walker wiring diagram to an ancient corroded connector block which is under the stairs and accessed behind a screwed-on plate near the conductor's locker. Replacing this cured the problem.

My bus number (if any): RML2302

Close Brian,

After much searching and following the wiring it today it was down to a broken wire on a connector block in the dash board.

Got to learn more about the RMC today!

At least it was simplier to find than the centre doors on my believed to be 4th built plaxton president.

Thanks Robert - oh well, at least I got the connector block bit right, even if it was a different one..!I think the other one is a useful one to know about anyway - I suspect most people have one which is quite corroded.

PS Just sent you an email about my Salopian past.. !