ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Final details of VHI consultation.

Been reading the document in the above post namely the section:

Engine – alternative cubic capacities of the same basic engine and alternative
original equipment engines are not considered a substantial change.

Under that explaination; would a AEC AV760 engine be considered 'the same basic engine' or 'alternative original equipment' as to a AV590 engine?

I still intend on getting my bus MOTed but looking to use exemption as flexibility on when i get it MOTed

My bus number (if any): RMF2771

Probably the only people qualified to answer that query would be the DVSA as otherwise it’s only someone’s opinion and at least you’d have written evidence of the interpretation ?

My bus number (if any): RML2747

On behalf of the DfT and DVLA, the FBHVC have invited organisations to be nominated VHI experts. The Routemaster Association has already flagged up queries with the guidance as so far provided and we have accepted the invitation from the FBHVC to be one of the nominated experts in order to represent Routemaster owners.

Hopefully this grey area will become less murky and between all the organisations working together this can all become clear in due course.

Andrew Morgan

My bus number (if any): RM1368