ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RMC/RCL rear suspension air bags

Thanks Rob. Very helpful and much appreciated.
Can rear shocks be obtained easily? I'm assuming being Routemasters the holes etc are already on the B Frame.
Was getting the bags out of the tubes hard?
I assume you have to cap off or remove the air pipes to the rear tank and bags? When we converted RMs to coils on overhaul some the air piping was removed but we had the body in the air and so not hard to do.

Cheers Brian

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs

AR113 is the part number for RM air bags, try US military sites for them.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

roythebus
AR113 is the part number for RM air bags, try US military sites for them.
Hi Roy,

The airbag i've taken off my RMC says its AR110.

My bus number (if any): RMC1490

It's been a long time since I changed one. Nearly right with the number then. :)

My bus number (if any): RML2532