ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Replacement Rubber

On the ROOF site there are a few guides and listings about Routemaster posters, oils, bulbs etc, But not one about rubber!
I have recently been trying to supply a client with rubber to re-glaze an RML.
We know we can get window rubber, the cab door buffer and the cab floor rubber, all supplied by the RMOA, but what rubbers are used for other applications such as destination glasses, cab window, windscreens and the U/S Emergency door glass?

The original rubber for these applications is no longer made or appropriate due to glass thickness changes, so what do the rest of you use and where do you get it from Baines? Woolies?

What would be really helpful would be a guide listing and part numbers for these rubbers.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: Replacement Rubber

Have a look at:

http://www.rmoof.co.uk/Routemaster%20Glass.htm

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Thanks Andrew I had missed that, but of the rubbers we need it only mentions the destination glass one.

Is the RM cab window glass 6mm thick and thus Baines IRS 0767WS (Woolies 408C)?
And a larger version of that with a lip, suitable for the Rear Emergency door window is Baines IRS 1100WS or is 4.75mm too thin for the glass?

Hi Brian, I got rubber for my destination glass from a company Rob Duker recommended, ask him, but I'm pretty sure it was woolies

My bus number (if any): RML 2353, MB 306

Thanks Sergio
The destination glass rubber is the one we know and is on the ROOF website under the glass in your bus.
It is from Woolies and part number R398-C

I need the part numbers for the cab window and the rear U/S emergency door window rubbers.

We believe the emergency door is Baines IRS 1100 W/S but not at all sure. Knowing the glass and panel thickness would help...

I am 300 kms from our RM so cannot check for myself..

The rubber for the RM driver's side window is COH Baines IRS 0634 W/S - filler LF1B
Rubber for the joint between glass and drop light winding bar is IRS 0430

We believe (hope!) the R/R U/S Emergency door glass is IRS 1100 W/S , filler also LF1B

While we are on the subject of rubber, does anyone know what type of rubber is used for the offside emergency exit for an RML Please?

My bus number (if any): RML 2353, MB 306