ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Insuring your Routemaster

Looking at a bus and looking at insurance. Other than Rigton, I have found no one else willing to give a quote. I'd be driving on a car license as I've done before, but I don't think insurers now are as keen as they were on this.

I'd like to get three quotes so I can consider the best of three. Anyone here have suggestions for two more quotes? The vehicle would be for shows and drives out only, as with a classic car.

Thanks
John

Re: Insuring your Routemaster

I found my local office of NFU very helpful John. They will accept a value that reflects the current sale prices of our buses and are much more flexible than Rigton about use for rallies etc. Premiums very reasonable.

My bus number (if any): RML2302

Thanks Brian.

My Routemasters are insured with Hagerty.

My bus number (if any): RM44 RM1138

Thanks Stuart. I'll be contacting them as well.

Adrian Flux have given me a quote which comes out a little better than Rigton.

John

Rigtons are usually the cheapest for insuring classic buses on their vintage bus scheme. I used to pay about £280 a year fully comp and hire and reward for a limited number of days per year. But as you say they were quite restrictive and I'm now insured with another fully comp, unlimited hire and reward use and unlimited use in the EU all without the need for additional cover notes as per Rigtons.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Stuart Miles
My Routemasters are insured with Hagerty.
Hagerty tell me they are no longer taking on customers with buses. Existing customers are okay though.

Other than Rigton, I have found Adrian Flux gave a quote to me. They now offer breakdown assistance and recovery for buses, which surprised me. Their combined breakdown cover and insurance quote has come out lower than Rigton.