ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Injector pump coupling

Just wondering if anyone has a spare coupling shaft connecting power steering pump to inline injector pump on an AEC 590. Having tried to dispose of some incomplete non running AEC engines I have given up that struggle and have now decided to rebuild one as a runner but I'm missing the aforementioned shaft. Any help welcome. Cheers.

My bus number (if any): RM 1654

Re: Injector pump coupling

Try posting this on the AEC Society Facebook page, also try Martyn Callaghan martyncallaghanaec@gmail.com

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs

I may have a spare one kicking around, will have a look next time I'm rummaging. I've lost a bag of valves which I've been trying to find for someone in the USA for about 6 weeks!

My bus number (if any): RML2532

I can't remember all the potential pitfalls of pump and engine combination swapping. IIRC the throttle link to the pump is a different length between Simms and CAV inline pumps and the pump coupling is a different length between AEC and Leyland engines. Also the RM power steering pump is shorter than the AEC air compressor. Again IIRC there is one combination of lift pump, injector pump and engine which requires the injector pump to be removed in order to change the lift pump. What I am certain of is that the two plastic drive spiders are simply not available.

I've got a couple of the plastic drive spiders around, maybe a coupling too.

I had fibre coupling break up on my GS recently, that's why I had starting issues over the last few years, the timing was shall we say variable! It was ony when the coupling borke up a couple of months ago out on the road that I found the problem.

My bus number (if any): RML2532