ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Accumulated mileage and maintenance history Route 15H

Since the 15H has been running since 2005 these buses must have clocked up some considerable mileage in that time. Has anyone tried to work out a figure? Since they came virtually straight out of regular route service they must have required some unit changes in that time. Given the state of the road surface this must have extended beyond the driveline as well.
Anyone got any information or guesses perhaps from past experience of other routes?

Re: Accumulated mileage and maintenance history Route 15H

I doubt the mileage would be particularly high as the route isn't that long, nothing like the 180-200 miles they would have run on a daily basis in happier times.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

By just a rough calculation I make it around 20,000 operating hours at least. Taking a Gardner maintenance schedule that puts it in the region of a major overhaul, and the Cummins B is no Gardner.

I'd suggest the average speed on that route would be around 5mph, so 20,000 times 5 is 100,000 miles. not a lot really.

My bus number (if any): RML2532