ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
N94 Route History

I'm interested in buying a old bus blind and have seen one for sale for the N94 route. The ad states that it's c1980 and backed on Dutch linen. However, on Wikipedia it states that the N94 wasn't introduced until the late 1990's?

Does anyone know the origin of the N94 route please?

Re: N94 Route History

The N94 was certainly around in the 1970`s and 1980`s during my time on the 9`s - which it ran parallel to through the City to Liverpool Street - but not with RM`s. In my memory it was one of the earliest one person operated night routes.

The N94 was RM operated until March 1974 when it converted to Crew DMS. It remained crew operated, later with Ms, until 1984, so it is not impossible that RMs made appearances up until then.

I think the early conversion to OPO that you remember Neil was the N97 which converted in 1975 with DMS.

My bus number (if any): RMC1469

All here https://www.londonbuses.co.uk/menus/rl-nights.html

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs

Apologies for not understanding all the abbreviations but can I take it then that the N94 route was around in 1980, but there's only a small chance it would have been on the Routemaster bus? I particularly wanted a Routemaster blind as I remember them from my childhood trips to London so well.

David
If you look at the link above you will see exactly which vehicles operated on the N94 and when!

Routemaster blinds are not cheap even the yellow Tyveck ones since someone found out that fools and their money are soon parted and cut them up and framed them....

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs