ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fuel Filter Cloth

evening all,

Do Filtration Control still supply Fuel Filter Cloths? Its been some years since I have bought any.

Thanks

My bus number (if any): RM2059

Re: Fuel Filter Cloth

Phone: +44 (0) 1604 707750

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs

Have you got a part number Brian please

I bought some from them about three years ago and virtually cleared them out of stock; I think that left them with two.

I asked for the RT fuel filter cloth that goes into the brass collar and is held with string! Long time ago since we bought any.

Hello Andy H,

What is the answer to your question on this forum.
Are they the "filter cloth" available for purchase.

My bus number (if any): Ex LTE Bus Engineering. AMIRTE. CPC-HGV

On many of out RTs we have replaced the filter with a modern one, that is also possible for the RM filters.

I usually replace the cloth filter bowl with a modern type with replaceable filters, they're much easier to change and filters are readily available.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Any idea of part number and where to get a suitable bowl and filter to easily replace the original?

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 and 2213, GS17

I'll ask Philippe Chris, what we have fitted.

Re: Fuel Filter Cloth for RT & RM codes

Filtration Control Ltd of Northampton have now ceased stocking the material and therefore the cloth is no longer available to purchase.
As a suggestion, obtain suitable linen and construct/ assemble your own.

My bus number (if any): Ex LTE Bus Engineering. AMIRTE. CPC-HGV

Hi Brian,

Very interested in a filter converstion as to be honest the cloth option was a bit of a pain. If you could update us with the converstion that would be great. Lets just hope it will fit a Leyland engine too..

Andy

On Flickr I have uploaded two photos of the RT we have adapted to use modern filters

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34955393@N04/32340212507/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34955393@N04/32340264777/in/photostream/