ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Driver central London 3 days req'd

An acquaintance of mine has emailed me requiring a driver for his company's RM display bus, which will be exhibiting for 3 days in London. Below is his email to me, and I said I'd post it here as I do not have anyone to hand who can do the dates needed. I have no idea of renumeration, so you would need to ask. If someone is interested, please call Richard Calder on: 01524 737 000 or mobile 07848 454 747. Please don't email me.

Thanks John

The email:

"We did a ‘bus tour’ in London this past February, very popular, and are doing another for next week. However, our main ‘in house’ driver is not available and currently, we need a driver for Wed/Thurs/Fri (20th/21st/22nd) March. May I ask if you are aware of anyone that may be able to help out in London please?

It will be located at Tower Hill Coach Park and whoever, would be best to be there at 7.30am, in view of leaving at 8.00am and then returning, somewhere between 2.00pm and 3.00pm to park up again. It is insured for anyone we give permission to that obviously has a current, appropriate, valid driving licence.

Generally a few places to stop at through the day and basically, just have to wait at each as our clients get on and off to discuss projects. Obviously some places are more easily accessed than others and some of the streets, as you would know are quite challenging but so far, we have always been able to get round."

My bus number (if any): RM108

Re: Driver central London 3 days req'd

Dose your client or contact need anyone to look after the back