ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Indicator lamp lens

Hello everyone,
I just noticed that I have lost the offside direction indicator lens from my 1967 bus. I think the rubber seal is possibly perished as the nearside lens has had at some time black insulation tape wound round it to hold the lens in place.
Can anyone point me in the right direction (pardon the pun) for a new lens. Of course, 'elephant ears' would be nice but a direct replacement would be the first step.
Regards, Alan

My bus number (if any): RML2672

Re: Indicator lamp lens

Hi Alan send me a email I have the ears will have to check on the lenses

My bus number (if any): RCL 2238,RM1000 ,RT

Alan Are you talking about the ears type of lens or the later refurb type?
Beware, there are two types of refurb indicators, one is Rubbolite and the lens is 6432, you need to find out which type you have.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585 and several RTs

I have the refurb type. Lens measures approx 180mm x 90mm.

There are two types Alan. Are they Rubbolite or Hella?
The rubber that holds the lens in rots.
I have new rubbolite lens.

Mine are Rubbolite, Brian. Are the rubber mouldings also available? As worth replacing those at the same time, otherwise would have to resort to a strip of insulation tape to help prevent lens from coming loose.

The base plates are not availablle, the lenses themselves are very rare indeed so you should expect to pay very handsomely for one. A few blobs of silicone inside the rubber will keep the lens in place.

Hi Alan I mis read your appeal thanks Brian for asking the
questions I may have a Rubbolite lens wont know till next week
and will get back to you

My bus number (if any): RCL 2238,RM1000 ,RT

Thanks all, for the info.

Alan
Mine are Rubbolite, Brian. Are the rubber mouldings also available? As worth replacing those at the same time, otherwise would have to resort to a strip of insulation tape to help prevent lens from coming loose.
I will check our stock but I believe it is a complete lens with rubber, but not the base plate. I will E mail you when I know later this morning.

Hi Alan

I have two complete Rubbolite lens in stock with rubber fittings. I have sent you an E Mail.

Thank you Brian, and all for your help