ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
In Memoriam: Ted Price

It has been three years today since we lost Ted, many happy memories of a loveable old rascal if ever there as one. Always a laugh, ever scheming, generous to a fault and passionate about his buses and Routemasters in general. He is survived by his buses; both of which were a challenge he took on.

I think he is somewhere between Aldenham and Greece right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DxqdIA75sc

Re: In Memoriam: Ted Price

Ted worked for me at Nostalgiabus in Mitcham in the late 1990s when we ran RMs on route 306 from Kingston to Epsom. As others have said, Ted was always scheming, ducking and diving. However, he got the job dome and was passionate about the buses.

He also worked for Dave Pring at Timebus before us I think when they used to run a route 306 in Watford with the same fleet of RMs. his regular conductor was Jeff Moon aka Tellytubby. He eventually went driving and I haven't seen him since.

Last time I saw him was at his 50th birthday (I think) in a pub in Chatham. Not many people turned up, so that rather dampened the evening a bit considering the trouble he went to to get the party together.

My bus number (if any): RML2532