ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AEC Split Rim Wheel Centres for RM's

Please could I ask the experts on here if they recognise the Dunlop part number (23392) that is stamped on a pair of shallow nine inch offset AEC wheel centres that I've acquired recently. I've also ended up with one more centre with a 9.75 inch offset, also with the extra "AEC" holes, but no visible part number that I can see? I've been asked by a Routemaster owner if they are suitable for his bus, which I'm sure they would be on the front, with such a shallow offset. Thanks.

My bus number (if any): None that begin with RM...

Re: AEC Split Rim Wheel Centres for RM's

"Thin" offset wheel are for RT and RF for cross-ply tyres. I wouldn't suggest mxing bits off different wheels, I've been tod all 3 parts should be kept together as a matching set. Unless abybody know different.

My bus number (if any): RML2532