ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routemasters up for sale

A lot of RM's seem to be on the market right now. Car and Classic and Ebay have a few. It would appear that the going rate for a decent original spec bus in £40k. Yes I know that people are asking £45-£47k, but you can be sure that they are taking offers with so many for sale. Some have been for sale for a year or more.

However, RM1001 is on Ebay for £100k as the starting bid, described as No 1 Routemaster? Let's hope that this vehicle is not split from its registration number. Because in reality the bus itself is in as good as condition as some of the RM's for sale at less than half the price.

I am looking for a 26ft long RT to purchase. I have £30k for a roadworthy bus, red or green. Please reply by email if you are selling one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Route-Master-Double-decker/184169440084?hash=item2ae15aa354:g:SXEAAOSwJrlePF2L

John

My bus number (if any): Searching

Re: Routemasters up for sale

I think you've put this plea on here before.

The answer is what do you expect for that price? You may get a nice shiny one that is a pile of rot under the shiny bits, you may get a tatty one that's been "looked at" under the panels, you may just, if you're very lucky, get one that's had the timebr done, steel rusty bits replaced and is a good runner. Brian Watkinson has some for sale at the moment, 40k euro delivered to Calais if that's any help.

I recently sold mine for under £10k because it needed a lot fo work done to it. If you want one that's had the woodwork done, steel rusty bits replaced, runs well, has a good interior and a good paint job, you won't get much change out of £50k I'd say. to get a taty one done up, you're probably not get much change out of £100k.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Re: Routemasters up for sale

Yes I understand that Roy. But I have to work within my funds, and don't expect a great example for what i am offering. It is easy to get a sound if not very original RM for that price of course. My knowledge of RT's has impoved and I am well aware of the horrors one can end up with a rotten bus. I did some repairs on my previous RT while I had her, soon realising that all the work needed was out of my field not having facilities to work on a probable seven-year project.

John

My bus number (if any): Searching