ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Metalastic bushes

I'm looking for metallastic bushes for the lower part of the front suspension of RM471. They seem to be a little hrad to find. If anyone knows the part number I could get some made. Any help gratefully received.

My bus number (if any): RM471 and RM2213

Re: Metalastic bushes

Chris

Lionel Moss may be able to help you with that, I'll be phoning him tomorrow night and will ask him if he has any metallastic bushes in stock.

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (Owner) RML2525 (Driver)

Re: Metalastic bushes

I've just hear from Ward Jones that he has obtained some of the bushes from Davy Engineering Ltd.

The part is now obsolete and so there will be no more.

It is clear from a variety of sources that firms that used to stock Routemaster parts are running down their stocks and not replacing them as there are so few Routemasters in service. Yes, there are a lot in preservation, but they don't do much mileage. The demand for spared parts is so low that is not economic to stock or manufacture them.

My bus number (if any): RM471 and RM2213