ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM 50 vinyl logos

I have some of the vinyl logos that were placed on the sides of service routemasters for the 50th year celebrations . I was planning to put them back on RML2391 but have had a change of mind so if anyone would like some please contact me . I would like £5 each for them.
Cheers
Mark RML2391

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Re: RM 50 vinyl logos

The problem with these vinyls (I have two on RM471) is that they are too large to fit neatly in the "target sign" area on the offside rear corner, or on any of the panels on the sides. Surely another example of "designed by committee" and sadly therefore not really fit for purpose.

My bus number (if any): RM471 & RM2213

An anonymous correction

I've had an email from someone involved with the organisation of the Routemaster's 50th anniversary rally in Finsbury Park in July 2004.

"I can assure that they were not designed by Committee. Far from it, if the RMOOA Committee had had the final say, then they would have been about 15” in diameter but one person knew best !! I had better not name names, but let’s just say that this well known person does not even own an RM."

My bus number (if any): RM471 & RM2213