ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RMC

Great to see the Forum up again Chris.

Just a quick note to say that an RMC is about to be rescued from its current role as a static advert and put back to use, although not in the UK, it will be looked after. When the deal has been concluded and the bus secured full details will be released, but as the more mature posters on this Forum will appreciate sometimmes information has to be witheld for commercial and other very good reasons. If anyone knows the whereabouts of any RMC seats please let me know, if you have an RT as well, much sought after RT spares could be made available in return.

Regards
Brian

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 and an RMC

Re: RMC

Great to hear from you Brian and good luck with your final negotiations. Glad to hear another RMC is liley to be rescued and we look forward to receiving the details. I know the RMC seats seem to have about twice as much foam as RM seats, is there any other difference?

My bus number (if any): RM471 & RM2213

Re: Re: RMC

I need to get my terminology over better Chris, I meant seat frames. They are different to the standard RM frame in having a higher back, not sure if the cushion size is the same size or not.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 and an RMC