ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Front hub centre caps

I'm currently looking for a pair, or one(!) of the origional aluminium front wheel hub centres with the pressed in AEC badge. I currently have the reproduction stickers on my hubs and want rid of them, and also don't want the repro hub centres with non origional screwed-on enammelled rocker cover AEC badges which are available.

My bus number (if any): RM531

Re: Front hub centre caps

I may be wrong, but I thought that the early front wheel hub centres were the same as RT, ie.plain front with three holes drilled in to accept the enammelled AEC badge.
The later ones had the pressed in AEC badge.
May-be some one can confirm.

Rob

Re: Re: Front hub centre caps

The early RM hub centres were certainly of the same design as the RT ones Rob, not sure of the dimensions though. I have photos of RM 13 when it was unveiled to the press and that certainly had RT type hub centres.
The metal stoved AEC rocker cover badges were the same as those used on the hubs by AEC and there are replica ones, made, I understand by the same company as the orignals so hard to tell apart.

Brian

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 and an RMC

Re: Re: Re: Front hub centre caps

Hi Brian,
I am struggling to find any early photo's of RM13. Would it be possible for me to have a copy of any that you may have of RM13, either copies of photo's or email them if poss.
I would be more than happy to reinbuse any costs.
Regards

Rob

My bus number (if any): RT2291, RM1787, RML2261 and RM13 just about!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Front hub centre caps

Hi Rob I sent them to you yesterday, I was actually scanning a picture of RM 13 from a scrapbook when your E mail arrived, what are the odds on that? I posted a note on John Hinson Old Bus Forum asking if you had got the pictures.

If you have not got them. I'll send again.

Brian

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 and an RMC

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Front hub centre caps

Rob,
I have definately got photo of 13 , not early photo but taken around mid-eighties at Euston stn.
I'll dig it out and get copy done for you.
Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Front hub centre caps

Cheers Mark

My bus number (if any): RT2291, RM1787, RML2261 and RM13 just about!