ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routemaster Wiring Diagram

Not sure if this is of use to anyone, but I have got hold of a copy of a Routemaster wiring diagram for, original RM's ,(issue No.27, Sept. 1980) pre. re-ferb.
Its about 4 foot long by about 3 foot wide.
I am going to Prontoprint next week to do myself a copy, if anyone else wants one, let me know

Regards
Rob

My bus number (if any): RT2291, RM1787, RML2261 and RM13 just about!

Re: Routemaster Wiring Diagram

Hi Rob,

I'd be very interested in getting a copy of that. Let me know costs etc and I'll get it to you.

Regards

Mike Mann

My bus number (if any): RM2186

Re: Re: Routemaster Wiring Diagram

Yes please Id like one too. Regards Steve

My bus number (if any): RMA1 & RML2508

I'd like one as well please Rob

My bus number (if any): RM471 & RM2213

I have called in to Prontoprint, I have copies of the wiring diagram, the cost was £2.35 a copy, not bad!!

I will be at LB.

Rob

Re: Re: Routemaster Wiring Diagram

Thanks Rob,

Very good of you to have got that done.

I'll break open the piggy bank and see you at LB

Regards

Mike Mann

My bus number (if any): RM2186 & SMA13

Re: Re: Re: Routemaster Wiring Diagram

Thanks Rob

My bus number (if any): RMA1 & RML2508

I would verry much like a copy of the wiring diagram but won't be at LB. Any chancde of sending me one by post - I'd happily meet all costs.

My bus number (if any): RM1001

Hi Rob,

would very much appreciate a copy, In the same position as Mike not able to go to L.B. Would it be possible to post.

Regards

Peter

My bus number (if any): RM 244

Rob,
Is it possible to email a digital copy of the wiring diagram?

eric@relianceint.com

My bus number (if any): RM2010

I will give it a go next week, should be possible if my camera is up to it

Regards

Rob

These wiring diagrams are commercially available so advertising on a public Forum that photocopies are available is liable to be interpreted as an infringement of copyright. The Forum owner and all involved may well regret the consequences.

Hi Rob

Yes please to the wiring diagram, I won't be at LB (what/where is it?) but I will be at LH on the 6th if that helps.

Regards

Claire

My bus number (if any): RML 2330 etc

roy
These wiring diagrams are commercially available so advertising on a public Forum that photocopies are available is liable to be interpreted as an infringement of copyright. The Forum owner and all involved may well regret the consequences.

Do you know if the people who sell these diagrams have bought the copyright then Roy and if so from who? Their website says that about these drawings "Using original London Transport information, the Wiring Diagram has been completely re-drawn and validated" So unless Rob has copied their re-drawn drawings IMHO the issue of copyright does not have any bearing here.

As for copying of drawings, LT took hundreds of copies of its drawings for distribution and not one I have says anything about unauthorised copying. Given that the Department of the CME (Road services) doesn't exist any more, then who is the copyright holder of such original LT drawings given that there is no mention of copyright on the originals?

If copies are made, I really don't see what harm or offence has been committed by copying these drawings, which were legitimately obtained, for the benefit of enthusiasts and not for commercial gain.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RML 2667, RM 1585, RMC 1458 and 15 RTs

hi rob.....would like a copy if poss.....Ian.

My bus number (if any): rm446 and rm765

Not having a lot of luck with the camera and this wiring diagram.The original LT drawing is quite poor.

When I have finished putting the RT riser on CAD, I'm about half way through (doing it in my lunch hours) I will get the wiring diagram on CAD as well, then it should be easy.

Rob