ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Under Skirt Panels

Thanks Chris for ressurrecting the Forum -

Does anyone know if the curved and folded under skirt panels are available ready formed off the peg from any supplier (Greengates possibly) please ?

Regards Graham

My bus number (if any): RML2747

Re: Under Skirt Panels

Don't know of a supplier in Scotland Graham apart from there were lots left at PVS in Barnsley. However for future reference, the correct term for these is not under skirt panels, they are skirting or valence panels. From the top on an RM it goes Roof; U/S window pans (lights); U/S waist or advert panels; cant panels; L/S window pans or lights; L/S waist panels, L/S lower panels; Skirting or valence panels. The black plastic “bits” round the wheels are called wheelarch valences front and rear sections.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 and an RMC

Re: Skirting Panels

Many thanks for the correct panel terminology Brian I am based in Hertford so would be looking for a supplier around London or the southern counties if possible.

Graham

Worth phoning Greengate. I got a roof dome and U/S front and rear curved panels for 2213 from them earlier this year. Chris

My bus number (if any): RM471 & RM2213

Will do Chris and will post results

Graham

Re: Valances

Hi Graham - the official part numbers to quote to Greengates are RM.001.CL.9 for the longer ones and ER.501.CL.12 for the shorter centre one. They are very helpful - I've had a fibreglass rear nearside corner and aluminium rear offside corner from them

My bus number (if any): RML2302

Many Thanks Brian

Sorry about referring you to Scotland Graham, I mixed you up with the other RML owning Graham.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 and an RMC

Easy mistake Brian there seems to be quite a lot of Grahams in the bus world !