ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Watch your step

I am thinking about getting some 'Watch your Step' posters made. They were 18" diameter, blue with white lettering and went on the rear off side corner.
I am going to get them made in vinyl.
Anyone else want one?
They will cost you, whatever they cost me.

Rob

My bus number (if any): RT2291,RM1797, RML2261 and RM13 just about!

Re: Watch your step

I'd like two please and already have a vinyl copy if you want a sample. Cheers, Chris

My bus number (if any): RM471 & RM2213

I have seen these signs on various different buses with many different liveries. Can anyone say to what period and also for how long these signs were carried?

Rob please put me down for one - personally I think buses look much better with period ads - thanks - Graham

My bus number (if any): RML2747

According to Nigel Mitchell's LBRT model bus site, the Mind Your Step advert dates from the 50's to the 70's and I think that is right. It is hard to see from photographic evidence with the classis O/S front view normally shown, but the few photos I have which show the rear corner and this ad date from the early 50's and include trolleybuses through to the early 70's when the "let the bus go first" one replaced it.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 and an RMC

Dear Rob,

I have just noted your request for W Y S. I have just applied this o/s advert to RM1058. A local printer copied W Y S for £15, a little cheaper than those in the South.

It is held on computer so can have as many as we like. Also i will be at Showbus to deliver if required.

My bus number (if any): RM 1058

re-advert,
While on this subject has anyone got any suitable vinyls that could be copied for later decades ? eg 80's and 90's (I would like some for the 90's)
Also , don't suppose anyone has got "L" shaped advert to fit in offside frames that they don't require ?

Mark

My bus number (if any): rml2391

Paul, Is it possible for you to get me two and bring to Showbus. Regards Steve Bunda 07894 751475

My bus number (if any): RMA1 & RML2508