ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what a bus what a summer

we have just finished a UK road trip with RM875 a marshal refurb bus the route was london to newcastle ,newcastle to london ,london to inverness ,inverness to liverpool ,liverpool to dublin,dublin to newcastle,newcastle to glasgow ,glasgow to sratford upon avon ,stratford upon avon to faversham kent ,faversham kent to london ,london to edinburgh ,edinburgh to cheshire ,and cheshire to newcastle and after all that the bus is still going great and completed the trip without a problem what a summer

My bus number (if any): RM1353 RM875

Re: what a bus what a summer

That was some schedule last summer Gordon! Over how many weeks did that lot take? I'm now the owner of RM 848 another Marshall's re-furb. and am contemplating some time away in the U.K. with the bus myself (subject to the wife's approval of course!). Did you do the lot without a hitch from the bus? and did you have the necessary contacts to arrange overnight parking before setting off on the various legs, or do you leave it to see how far you get in a given day? regards, Dave Paskell

My bus number (if any): RM 848

Re: what a bus what a summer

hi dave the summer program started late may and ended mid september the bus visited most music venues around the uk and Ireland from Rockness in lochness to electric gardens in kent i planed all the parking well in advance and the bus drove fine with out one hitch we even tow a small car on the back like you see with motorhomes so we can return home without the bus
we have also just had a trip to the NEC in november with rm875 and are planning the summer 2008 tour now
your bus will do fine on your planed trip just do your checks oil water tyres ect at each stage iam sure it will all go well and we may see each other in passing
gordon

My bus number (if any): rm875

and off we go again

RM875 Is off again with the start of 2008 UK and Ireland tour she heads off this sunday night from Newcastle to London where we are touring five London schools so if you see us give us a toot we will be heading back north on friday 7th

My bus number (if any): rm875