ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brake pads and Drum Skimming

Hi,
The following company helped me when RM110 failed its mot a couple of years back. They fitted the new pads, linished them and skimed the drums whilst I waited. All parts where stock items.
Can be a little tricky to find so make sure you have good directions and a street map.
Good Luck
Regards
Trig
The Brakehouse
Imex House 6, Wadsworth Rd, Greenford, Middlesex UB6 7JJ Tel: 020 8998 4009

My bus number (if any): RM110

Re: Brake pads and Drum Skimming

Hi Michael,
Do you mind me asking what sort of price was it for this work ?
Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Hi Mark,
Cant remember at the moment, but I am sure it as a lot lot less than the £120.00 per wheel I was quoted else where.
These guys where realy good, I took the shoes and drums my self and they carried out the work whilst I waited, about an hour. You can drive your vehicle, not a bus though, right up to the work station.The work shop is in an underground complex with toilets and a very good little Cafe.
If I was you I would take cash, hint! hint!
If you are coming up to an mot I would give the brakes plenty of wearing in time.
I hope this is of some help.
Regards
Mick

Mark,
Have you managed to remove your brake drums yet?

Hi Mick,
No not removed drums yet , I know the pads are starting to wear at the rear and with mot in a month or so will wait and see if mot goes ok before changing as they won't be run in enough . Just wanted some idea of cost.
Thanks
Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391