ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paint code....

I am trying to find a paint code (RAL or BS) for the burgandy used on the platform and seat frames. I have tried all over the place, can get colour references but not sign of RAL or BS codes..... If anyone can help it would be great...

Gerry.

Re: Paint code....

Jerry
I think the answer lies back where you asked the question before. Try http://www.network54.com/Forum/396693/thread/1148716181/last-1160999576/Burgundy+paint
In that thread it appears to give names of suppliers etc. Unfortunately the ROOF site paint section omits an FLT number for burgundy paint. If you have a sample a lot of people go to their nearest paint mixing shop like Homebase etc

My bus number (if any): RTL 960

Re: Paint code....

Just like most things in life... right under your nose!!! Below is the info from the link in case anyone else needs the info in the future....

"The professional shade cards to match the staircase burgundy the shade of which I assume to be correct.The cards are available from Johnstones outlets (01924 354100 for your nearest) or card number 25G,shade number S6030-R is a perfect match.The shade number is accepted by all computerised mixing machines,for all makes of paint,including coachpaint." (- with thanks to Ian Townsend for the above code).