ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RT Moquette

I hope Chris does mot mind this post, as I know some on here with RMs also have RTs and RFs or may even have a Southern Region 4 EPB or CEP that they want restored to genuine 1970 trim!, (Yes they did have RT moquette in some of them!)
Any way, an order is being put together for RT moquette. This is a firm order to be placed after Christmas. Many people have been waiting for over a year now for moquette now and progress with that order has been slow and bedevilled with changes to sizes, specification etc

A new and totally independent order is now being put together by myself and David Cooper.
We both need moquette urgently and can wait no longer.

The price is expected to be about £21 a metre inc VAT but not delivery. We already have firm orders for the minimum quantity so we do not expect to pay any price premiums.

The width of the new moquette is 127 cm (50") which is over double the old width of 22".

We estimate that to do a complete RT/L/W you will need a length of at least 31 metres and for an RF, 21 metres. We do not know the exact quantity needed for an RLH but with the 6 x 4-seat benches upstairs we would expect it to be not much less than for an RT.

If you want join our order, can you let me know and I will pass on your requirements.

A deposit of 60% will be required and payment can be made by bank transfer or credit card. Delivery is expected in January 2008.

Thanks
Brian

My bus number (if any): RTL 960