ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fixing Internal Posters

Hi All. As the proud owner of some 1970s internal advert posters, I am wondering how best to apply them to my bus. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

My bus number (if any): RM 1691

Re: Fixing Internal Posters

Hi Adam

If paper bills LT stuck them with wallpaper paste.

But can I ask that you think about getting some copies made? There is a regular demand for these and I know people who would be interested in having them and covering your costs if they are of the more popular designs, you can of course have additional copies run of for your own use and future replacements. The only problem I believe is that they are an odd paper size.
Regards
Brian

My bus number (if any): RTL 960

Brian is absolutely right - it would be a shame if your valuable posters faded in time (which they will) or became tatty - it's a better idea if you invest in copies and put them up - you then have the option of replacing them with other pristine copies in the future while keeping the original 'masters' safe in a dark place to save further deterioration.

Regards Graham

My bus number (if any): RML2747

I have transmatic lighting on RM471. It is posible to slot the interior adverts into the panels below the lights using 2mm clear acrylic sheet from Do It All, cut to size, to hold them in place.

Do try and get them copied though!

My bus number (if any): RM471 and 2213

If you get colour photocopies done, you can then save the originals for further use. My local copyshop has done excellent copies, but make sure that, when they join them up, there's minimal overlap, or it makes the posters "lumpy" when affixing them across beading.

The only effective way I have found of making (non-absorbent) copy paper stay up is to cover the back with strips of double-sided carpet tape, with each strip immediately following the previous one. It's expensive - but they do seem to stay up. All other methods I've tried (PVA, paste, spray adhesive) all failed after a short while.

David

My bus number (if any): RML 2452