ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM plate for sale

Hi all , first time post to the group , very refreshing to see the previous posts all have relevance to Routemasters , unlike other forums which seem to have lost the plot. just thought that if anyone fancies a cherished reg plate for their car , 417 CLT ( think last sighting was in Hungary ) is on ebay at present ... item number 150236900760 . Regards Chris Stanley ( havent yet got a Routemaster , only half a RF (489).

My bus number (if any): RF 489

Re: RM plate for sale

Its worth noting that if you do have an old LT bus that has been re-registered, you can get the old plate back as long as it has not been transferred or put on retention. When I tried unsuccessfuly to bring RT 2730 back for restoration, it would have been possible to get LYR 714 back, provided that you get your application accredited by the right people. Problem is a lot of RM plates are being used as car badges and not for what they were intended.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RML 2667 and an RMC